The EDD-3701x EtherCAT slave drive joins Galil’s EtherCAT Family. This family has grown to include two EtherCAT masters and an I/O slave with both digital and analog I/O points. The EDD-3701x is a motor amplifier that operates in an EtherCAT distributed system where there are up to 32 slave drives and one master. It has a daisy chain topology using standard CAT5 Ethernet cables. The EDD-3701x can interface with Galil masters (DMC-500×0 and DMC-52xx0) for sophisticated applications or with TwinCAT for simple applications.
The EDD-3701x series has the ability to control brushed, brushless, steppers, and microstepping motors Unlike the competition, the EDD-3701x can both control a motor and also has 8 digital inputs, 4 digital outputs, 2 analog inputs, and 2 analog outputs. All I/O information from these drives are accessible by the EtherCAT master. This capability can eliminate the need for separate EtherCAT I/O devices. The configuration of the EDD-3701x is done using the Galil’s GDK software. Connect to a PC via EDD-3701x’s USB port, follow the GDK configuration tool process, and start moving motors.
The EDD-3701x has a small form factor with just 3.9”x5.0”x1.5”. It can operate in either Cyclic Synchronous Position mode (CSP) or Cyclic Synchronous Torque mode (CST). It also accepts quadrature encoder feedback up to 15 MHz.
- Single-axis EtherCAT drive with optional servo or stepper motor drive in compact enclosure:
- EDD-37012 —3 Phase Brushed/brushless sine drive; 10 A cont., 15 A peak, 20-80 VDC
- EDD-37016—Stepper drive; 1.4 A/phase, 12-30 VDC
- EDD-37017—Microstep drive; 6 A/phase, 20-80 VDC and 2 Phase Brushless sine drive; 10 A cont., 15 A peak,20-80 VDC
- Cyclic Synchronous Position mode (CSP) and Cyclic Synchronous Torque mode (CST)
- Two daisy-chainable EtherCAT ports:
- One USB port (used for configuration).
- Encoder feedback up to 15 MHz. Quadrature standard; SSI, and BiSS options. Main and auxiliary encoder inputs
- PID compensation with velocity and acceleration feedforward, integration limits, notch filter and lowpass filter
- Optically isolated forward and reverse limit inputs and homing input
- 8 uncommitted, isolated digital inputs and 4 digital isolated outputs
- High speed position latch and output compare (pulse on position)
- 2 uncommitted analog inputs and 1 analog output
- 16-bit analog input option available
- Dimensions: – EDD-37012/37016/37017-BOX: 3.9″×5.0×1.5″
- Custom hardware and firmware options available
The Industrial Electronics Handbook, Second Edition, Industrial Communications Systems combines traditional and newer, more specialized knowledge that helps industrial electronics engineers develop practical solutions for the design and implementation of high-power applications. Embracing the broad technological scope of the field, this collection explores fundamental areas, including analog and digital circuits, electronics, electromagnetic machines, signal processing, and industrial control and communications systems. It also facilitates the use of intelligent systems―such as neural networks, fuzzy systems, and evolutionary methods―in terms of a hierarchical structure that makes factory control and supervision more efficient by addressing the needs of all production components.
Enhancing its value, this fully updated collection presents research and global trends as published in the IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics Journal, one of the largest and most respected publications in the field. Modern communication systems in factories use many different―and increasingly sophisticated―systems to send and receive information. Industrial Communication Systems spans the full gamut of concepts that engineers require to maintain a well-designed, reliable communications system that can ensure successful operation of any production process.
Delving into the subject, this volume covers:
- Technical principles
- Application-specific areas
- Internet programming
- Outlook, including trends and expected challenges
Other volumes in the set:
- Fundamentals of Industrial Electronics
- Power Electronics and Motor Drives
- Control and Mechatronics
- Intelligent Systems